The Iconic Maserati GranTurismo
An Iconic Convertible Created by Maserati
The legacy of the Maserati convertible begins in 1947 with the A6 1500 GT Pininfarina, a sophisticated coupe powered by a top-performing automobile racing engine.
A pioneer in engineering and technology, Maserati has produced a long line of iconic cars and SUVs that have become instant classics. With years of Italian-inspired designs, the Maserati A6 1500 GT Pininfarina paved the way for a long line of descendants.
Among the line of A6 1500 GT descendants are the Maserati GranTurismo Convertible and the GranTurismo Coupe. The exclusive blend of Italian styling, immense power, and advanced technology come together to create something of excellence.
Maserati GranTurismo Convertible
The Maserati convertible is the marque’s interpretation of the iconic Italian GranTurismo powered by a naturally furocious V8 engine.
Race-inspired performance is flawlessly paired with the work of artisans in the Maserati GranTurismo Convertible. The perfect proportions and congruous shape are indicative of the original coupe. Both of which are a reflection of the highest achievements for Maserati.
Design & Craftsmanship
Conceived as a natural exploration of the original A6 1500 GT, the Maserati GranTurismo Convertible is a timeless Pininfarina vision that has raised the bar for other convertibles.
Its style and purity include an aggressively sculpted grille, triple side vents, race-proven aerodynamic shape, while keeping the perfect profile of the coupe.
Luxury Italian craftsmanship can be found throughout the GranTurismo Convertible. Impeccable details found throughout the interior and exterior of the car, including:
- Hand-stitched details and Trident-embroidered headrests
- Quiet, draft-free cabin with a three-layer cloth top
- Sport seats in either the sumptuous Poltrona Frau™ leather or Alcantara
GranTurismo Features & Options
Lightweight and compact, the GranTurismo Convertible Sport and GranTurismo Convertible MC command the road with 454 hp and 384 lbs. of torque. With an impressive 7,500 rpm, the engine unleashes a sound that is unmistakable for a Maserati.
Dynamic sports car handling, top-down exhilaration, and a luxurious interior create a soul-stirring experience that can only come from the Italian GranTurismo.
Crossing continents with its power, the Ferrari-built, 4.7-liter V8 engine offers drivers:
- ZF six-speed MC Auto Shift gearbox
- Limited slip differential
- Double-wishbone suspension and hydraulic steering
- Auto-Normal, Auto-Sport, Manual-Normal, Manual-Sport and Increased Control and Efficiency (I.C.E.) driving modes
The Maserati GranTurismo Convertible has been designed to provide exceptional levels of safety, a top priority for the marque.
Safety features for the Maserati convertible include:
- Advanced Lighting: The Adaptive Light Control system rotates the headlamps as the convertible takes turns, improving road illumination in corners.
- Maserati Stability Program: Monitor driving status and optimize handling and grip by reducing engine torque and activating the brakes to restore stability within milliseconds through the Maserati Stability Program (MSP).
- Airbag System: The advanced air bag system includes front airbags in addition to seat-integrated side-curtain airbags. For an added level of security and safety, an automatic deploying telescopic roll bar system is provided.
Additionally, the GranTurismo Convertible is equipped with other functions like ABS with Electronic Brakeforce Distribution (EBD), Anti-Slip Regulation (ASR), engine brake torque control, and the Advanced Brake Assist system (ABA). These features maximize stopping power in emergency situations.
Drivers searching for a convertible that is superior to all others should look no further than the Maserati GranTurismo Convertible. The style and performance are unapologetically Maserati and will ignite a passion within those who drive it.
To find the convertible that ignites a passion within you, visit our showroom on Central Ave in Albany, New York.